Job Title: Finance and Business Admin Manager – Business Scale-Up
Reference Number: PT-SJ-PT 19-0110
Location: Nunawading, VIC 3131
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Start Date: 01/10/2019 – flexible
Employment: Full time or part time – flexible
Why work for PowerTec?
Do you want to be part of the solution for the electricity network transformation?
PowerTec works closely with utilities and industry to realise distributed, networked intelligent control systems and turn-key battery energy storage systems for electricity networks with Distributed Energy Resources (DER). Our technology is a key enabler for Microgrids, Embedded Networks, Electric Vehicle Charging Stations and renewable generators by supporting them to operate on constrained electricity networks and to dynamically access electricity markets.
We are a technology scale-up business: Our PowerCache® (inverter/battery energy storage system) and PaDECS® (Parallel Distributed Energy Resources Control System) offer effective solutions to the challenges of the rapidly evolving electricity network, and to leveraging DER for energy market services. This combination of technologies puts us in a unique market position, and we have entered a path of exponential growth.
Do you prefer providing comprehensive solutions rather than working in silos?
Our multi-disciplinary team carries out system development and turn-key project delivery services from feasibility studies through to software development, product design, 3rd party component integration, technology components import, assembly and commissioning.
PowerTec has delivered some of the most relevant Australian Microgrid and Energy Storage reference projects and has won the 2017 Clean Energy Industry Innovation Award for developing the Mini Grid Stabiliser at Mooroolbark, VIC.
Are you more passionate about delivering solutions than delivering reports?
We are a young, small, fast-growing team working with our sophisticated B2B customers and a multitude of stakeholders to lead exciting developments in the evolving field of distributed energy, battery energy storage, and Internet of Things (IoT).
We apply a flexible and collaborative approach to working with and learning from our customers, suppliers, service providers and each other, and we offer some of the best personal growth and learning opportunities in the market.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Finance and Business Admin Manager – Business
Scale-Up to join the team
The candidate will have:
- A university degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or Finance or a related subject.
- Work experience in a finance or business administration role in an SME.
- Relevant professional experience in the following areas:
- Business financial reporting and accounting (BAS agent registration is a plus)
- Commercial contracts and legal terms and conditions for infrastructure projects
- Import/Export commercial management and supply chain management
- Forex and hedging instruments
- Banking / bank relationship management
- Working in a similar role within an SME in the industrial, commercial or utility sector in Australia
- An innate ability to solve problems independently
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work with little support-functions in a small, scale-up company
- Unwavering professional ism
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- An Australian residency, or suitable valid visa to work in Australia for at least 2 years
By the end of this financial year, you will have:
- Developed a firm understanding of PowerTec’s way of doing business, its core values, processes and stakeholders
- Created or supervised the creation of monthly and annual BAS-statements P&Ls, Balance Sheets and business progress reports
- Settled on the commercial terms and conditions for a multitude of contracts for the purchase and sale of goods and services with several industrial or utility customers and with suppliers, in Australia, Asia and Europe
- Managed the forex hedging and payment process for several large imports
- Organised transport, customs clearance, insurance etc. for several imports with our logistics partner
- Created project invoices, received and paid funds
- Reported to several international credit agencies and improved PowerTec’s credit rating (as the business performance numbers allow)
- Restructured PowerTec’s financial and banking services relationships as suitable reflecting the business growth
- Created cash-flow plans, asses the financial risk and supervised the revenue recognition and project accounting process for:
- Several Battery Energy Storage projects for Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations
- Several community Battery Energy Storage systems projects
- Improved the documentation of PowerTec’s financial processes and generally of the quality management guidelines
- Reviewed the company books and carried out or supervised a contractor in book-keeping
- Reviewed and renegotiated the company business insurances
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter, CV, references, education certificates and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference PT-SJ-PT 19-0110.