Job Title: Finance and Business Admin Manager/Bookkeeper
Reference Number: PT-SJ-PT 20-0111
Location: Mitcham, VIC 3132
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Start Date: 16/03/2020
Employment: Full time or part time options – flexible hours
Why work for PowerTec?
Do you want to be a member of a growing team delivering solutions for the electricity network transformation?
PowerTec works closely with utilities and industry to realise distributed intelligent control systems and turn-key battery energy storage systems for electricity networks. Our technology is a key enabler for Microgrids, Electric Vehicle Charging Stations and renewable power generation. It supports the electricity network and accesses electricity markets.
We are a scale-up business: We have entered a period of fast growth delivering effective solutions to the challenges of the electricity network transformation.
Do you prefer providing comprehensive solutions rather than working with a silo mindset?
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers products and projects end-to-end: from feasibility studies and project management through to software development, electrical design, strategic procurement, technical component import, manufacturing management and commissioning.
PowerTec has put its all-round technical and commercial skills to work in delivering some of Australia’s key Microgrid and Energy Storage projects and has won the 2017 Clean Energy Industry Innovation Award for delivering the Mini Grid Stabiliser at Mooroolbark, VIC.
Are you passionate about delivering solutions to financial/accounting tasks?
We are a young, small, fast-growing team working with our sophisticated B2B customers and a multitude of stakeholders.
We apply a flexible and collaborative approach to working with and learning from our customers, suppliers, service providers and each other, and we offer some of the best personal growth and learning opportunities in the market.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Finance and Business Admin Manager/Bookkeeper to join the team
The candidate will have:
- A tertiary degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or Finance (University degree preferred)
- Work experience in a finance or business administration role in an SME
- Relevant professional experience in the following areas:
- Internal and external business finance reporting and accounting (BAS agent registration is a plus)
- Commercial contracts and legal terms for projects
- Bookkeeping with MYOB or similar accounting package
- Payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, BAS, Workcover
- Import/Export commercial management
- Experience in Forex and hedging instruments is a plus
- Ability to solve problems independently, manage competing deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to foster good work habits in other staff
- Outstanding verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- An Australian residency, or suitable valid visa to work in Australia for at least 2 years
By the end of your first year, you will have:
- Developed a firm understanding of PowerTec’s way of doing business, its core values, processes and stakeholders
- Maintained the companies accounts and submitted all the relevant statutory reports in a timely manner
- Created monthly finance reports for review and discussion with the Director, and external stakeholders
- Regularly liaised with banks and credit rating agencies
- Managed the import process and payments for several large projects
- Developed a budget, created a cash flow plan and assessed financial risk for new projects with the Director for the next financial year
- Improved the documentation of PowerTec’s financial processes
- Reviewed and renegotiated the company business insurances
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter, CV, references, education certificates and transcripts to email@example.com, quoting reference PT-SJ-PT 20-0112.