|Function:||Front-End Developer – Microgrid and Advanced Energy Storage Control Systems|
|Reference Number:||PT-SJ-PT 22-0102|
|Level:||Junior – Mid-Level|
|Location:||Cook Road Business Park, Mitcham, VIC 3132 – This job is suitable for flexible arrangements working from the office and home and travelling to project sites.|
|Regular / Temporary:||Regular|
|Start Date:||01/03/2022 or as available||Employment:||Full Time|
Why work for PowerTec?
Do you want to join us in shaping the electricity network transformation?
PowerTec works closely with utilities, businesses, industry and communities to realise distributed, real-time networked, intelligent control systems and advanced battery energy storage systems augmenting, stabilising or mirroring the electricity network for their sites. PowerTec solutions combine power supply resilience with wholesale energy markets access.
We are a technology innovator: PowerTec’s products PowerCache® (“Grid in a box”) and PaDECS® (Parallel Distributed Energy Resources Control System) offer effective solutions to the challenges of the evolving electricity network.
Do you prefer working on comprehensive solutions to working in silos?
The team develops, designs and produces software and hardware and delivers products, customised systems and turn-key project solutions. Project delivery ranges from supporting studies and approvals via system software and hardware customisation, production and delivery to on-site commissioning and operation support.
Since 2014, PowerTec has delivered some of the most relevant Australian Microgrid and Energy Storage reference projects.
Are you more passionate about delivering solutions to customers than about presentations to superiors?
We are a young, small, fast-growing team working with our customers to lead exciting developments in the evolving field of distributed energy systems.
We apply a flexible and collaborative approach to working with and learning from our customers, supply partners and each other and offer some of the best personal growth and learning opportunities in the market.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Front-End Developer – Microgrid and Advanced Energy Storage Control Systems to join the team.
The candidate will have:
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, a related subject, relevant experience or portfolio of works;
- Relevant design experience in the following areas:
- A passion for designing, developing, and executing User Interfaces and Experiences (UI/UX
- Experience using one of either ReactJS, NodeJS or AngularJS
- Exceptional stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Control, utility or industrial application software front-end development, or SCADA/HMI, or a general understanding of these sector
- Other experience that would be a plus:
- Experience using UNIX/Linux machines on a command-line level
- Source control with Git
- IoT or Real-Time applications
- Use of Databases
- Cloud-based architectures and applications, ideally with AWS
- Agile Software development and DevOps (e.g. Github/JIRA)
- A delivery-oriented approach with an ability to problem-solve design issues independently
- Flexibility to adapt to new programming languages and tools and an existing codebase
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An Australian residency, or suitable valid visa to work in Australia for at least 2 years
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work to challenging deadlines with a team and partners in a small, scale-up company
- A courteous and professional nature
By the end of this year, you will have:
- Developed a firm understanding of PowerTec’s Microgrid and BESS solutions, as well as the PaDECS® control system through peer-to-peer coaching and learning on the job
- Successfully and timely carried out or managed the delivery of all aspects related to the language and tools selection, architecture design, interface design, coding per specification, integration testing, functional verification testing and documentation of:
- A Web-GUI/HMI and Web-API for an Advanced BESS and a Microgrid Control System
- A Cloud-GUI for aggregated monitoring and control
- Created a well-documented, version-controlled repository for joint ongoing development and customer documentation of the delivered software and interfaces
- Improved the tool landscape, design standards and life-cycle management for the PaDECS® product
- Supported development and site commissioning activities and occasionally travelled to customer and power asset sites for PowerTec existing and new projects.
Personal development into a full-stack developer is a future option.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your meaningful cover letter, CV, references, education certificates, transcripts and desired remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference PT-SJ-PT 22-0102.