Job Title: Project Manager – Energy Storage and Microgrid System Delivery
Reference Number: PT-SJ-PT 19-0108
Location: Nunawading, VIC 3131
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Start Date: 01/09/2019
Employment: Full Time
Why work for PowerTec?
Do you want to be part of the solution for the electricity network transformation?
PowerTec works closely with utilities and industry to realise distributed, networked intelligent control systems and turn-key battery energy storage systems for electricity networks with Distributed Energy Resources (DER). Our technology is a key enabler for Microgrids, Embedded Networks, Electric Vehicle Charging Stations and renewable generators by supporting them to operate on constrained electricity networks and to dynamically access electricity markets.
We are a technology scale-up business: Our PowerCache® (inverter/battery energy storage system) and PaDECS® (Parallel Distributed Energy Resources Control System) offer effective solutions to the challenges of the rapidly evolving electricity network, and to leveraging DER for energy market services. This combination of technologies puts us in a unique market position, and we have entered a path of exponential growth.
Do you prefer providing comprehensive solutions rather than working in silos?
Our multi-disciplinary team carries out system development and turn-key project delivery services from feasibility studies through to software development, product design, 3rd party component integration, technology components import, assembly and commissioning.
PowerTec has delivered some of the most relevant Australian Microgrid and Energy Storage reference projects and has won the 2017 Clean Energy Industry Innovation Award for developing the Mini Grid Stabiliser at Mooroolbark, VIC.
Are you more passionate about delivering solutions than delivering reports?
We are a young, small, fast-growing team working with our sophisticated B2B customers and a multitude of stakeholders to lead exciting developments in the evolving field of distributed energy, battery energy storage, and Internet of Things (IoT).
We apply a flexible and collaborative approach to working with and learning from our customers, suppliers, service providers and each other, and we offer some of the best personal growth and learning opportunities in the market.
An exciting new opportunity exists for a Project Manager – Energy Storage and Microgrid System Delivery to join the team.
The candidate will have:
- A university degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering, or a related engineering science; a combination with a commerce degree or an MBA would be a plus
- Past work experience in a technical role
- A relevant Project Management Certification (in PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile or similar) or a proven track record of successfully delivered projects
- Relevant professional experience in the following areas:
- Utility, commercial or industrial infrastructure or IT system basic design and project delivery
- Delivery of projects that integrate multiple disciplines (electrical, mechanical, software etc.)
- Complex commercial contract terms
- Supply Chain Management, including of imported goods
- Negotiating with sophisticated customers, partners, sponsors and suppliers
- Authentic team leadership
- Working in a similar role within the utility, power or industrial sector (Sector experience in Australia preferred)
- A delivery-oriented approach with a strong ability to problem solve project issues independently
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work to challenging deadlines with a team and supply partners in a small, scale-up company
- Outstanding professional conduct and verbal & written communication skills
- An Australian residency, or suitable valid visa to work in Australia for at least 2 years
By the end of this financial year, you will have:
- Developed a firm understanding of PowerTec’s way of doing business, its core values, processes and technical solutions & services through peer-to-peer coaching and learning on the job
- Successfully (in time, budget and customer satisfaction) managed the delivery from project design to site acceptance of:
- Several Battery Energy Storage Systems for Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations
- Several front-of-the-meter community Battery Energy Storage systems
- The control and IT integration of the above systems
- Documented the projects structurally and commercially in PowerTec’s project management and accounting systems
- Created an improved project management toolset
- Completed PowerTec’s standardised project structures and materials
- Travelled to sites, including to remote sites for project assessment and negotiations
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter, CV, references, education certificates and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference PT-SJ-PT 19-0108.